I’ll show you how to unlock the Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T. The carrier is now more lenient in letting you do this. Unlocking the Nokia Lumia 920 will let you use SIM cards from other carriers. This is great if you are traveling overseas and want to use a local SIM card.
You can also watch this video in HD on Youtube. Subscribe to the channel to preview the latest videos before they get published on the blog.
Here are the steps:
- Go to AT&T Wireless Travel and International page
- Click Chat Now (on the right side)
- Tell them you would like to unlock your phone so you can use it when you travel.
- Give them your IMEI number. It’s on your box. You can also go to settings – about phone.
- They will give you a 20-digit unlock code.
- Insert any SIM card other than AT&T in the Nokia Lumia 920.
- Restart phone (turn off then turn on).
- The Nokia Lumia 920 is going to ask for the unlock code. Type it in and press enter.
- That’s it!
Others have been successful calling AT&T directly, but I think this way is faster. Try it and let us know if it works for you.