If you’re an Android user who uses the BBM messaging app, you might notice some new features next time you run it. An update to version 18.104.22.168, found in the Google Play Store, includes new icons for for BBM Voice and Video calling. BBM Groups and group management features are now melded into the Chat screen, and all chat conversations will now be found in one place.
The complete changelist for the update to BBM for Android includes the following:
- Infrastructure features to reduce spam invites
- Updated icons for BBM Voice and Video calling
- Improved quick reply notification support for Android “N”
- Performance improvements and bug reports
- Introduced Me and Discover screen into the main navigation menu
- Combined BBM Groups and group management features into the Chat screen. All chat conversations are in a single place now.
The new “Me” display section is where you will find BBM Settings, BBM Channel and BBM Profile.
If you are already a BBM for Android subscriber, go to the Google Play Store app and open it. Navigate to the hamburger menu in the top left and click. Tap on My apps & games, scroll to BBM for Android, and click on update. If you’re not a subscriber to BBM for Android, open the Google Play Store and install the app. And that is all that you need to do.
BBM continues to become more secure, and with free voice and video calling, you can see why many have kept using BBM even after leaving BlackBerry for an iOS or Android handset.
Download and install BBM for Android (3.31.24) or iOS by clicking on the appropriate link (Android|iOS)