- The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will reportedly land in the United Kingdom early next year.
- The standout feature of the Mi Mix 3 is its sliding display, which enables a notch-less, all-screen experience.
- There’s no word on what the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will cost.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is one of 2018’s most exciting devices. Its sliding display mechanism (which uses magnets!) gives it a novelty edge as well as a practical solution to the problem of the notch — the front-facing camera and various sensors are hidden behind the slider.
Now, it looks like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is going to land in the United Kingdom early next year, according to Gizmodo.
We don’t know an exact date for the launch of the device, and we don’t know a price, either. However, the Mi Mix 3 sells for competitive prices in its native China. Here’s how that breaks down:
- 3,299 yuan (~$479) for the 6GB+128GB model
- 3,599 yuan (~$523) for the 8GB+128GB model
- 3,999 yuan (~$581) for the 8GB+256GB model
Judging from these numbers, it’s probably safe to assume the Mi Mix 3 will sell in the price range of 430 pounds — 530 pounds, give or take. Hopefully, Xiaomi doesn’t pull a Vivo and try to charge a much higher price for the same device in the U.K. as it does in China and India.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 comes with a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen (2,340 x 1,080, 19.5:9 screen ratio), Snapdragon 845 processor, 3,200mAh battery, rear fingerprint scanner, dual cameras on the front and back, and Android 9 Pie out of the box.
Although the rollout of Xiaomi products in the United Kingdom didn’t go as smoothly as the company would have liked, U.K. residents are still lucky to have the ability to buy Xiaomi products at all. Here in the U.S., we’re still stuck ordering from third-party online companies.