Welcome to our Fortnite update tracker! We’ll be collating all of the official Fortnite Battle Royale update/patch notes and breaking down all the new features added to Epic Games’ phenomenon for Android and iOS phones and tablets, as well as PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch platforms.
More: Fortnite Season 7 guide: Start date, Battle Pass, skins, map, Creative mode, and more!
If you want to stay up-to-date with all the new skins, map updates, weapon changes and additions, new modes, and much more then be sure to bookmark this page for future reference!
Victory Royale! Check out the rest of our Fortnite content:f
Fortnite update: The latest
Fortnite Battle Royale Version 7.30 update overview
No, you’re not going crazy — there are two version 7.30 updates. The previous version 7.30 update added controller support, a new weapon, and more.
This version 7.30 update introduces Bottle Rockets, environmental campfires that heal you and your teammates, and the new Wild West Duos limited time mode.
Make sure to check the patch notes below to get caught up on everything new.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.30 patch notes
Fortnite update history
Fortnite Battle Royale Version 7.30 update overview
Fortnite is introducing a new and very cold grenade. To go along with the game’s current winter theme, the new weapon can be used to chill your enemies to the core!
For mobile players on Android, Fortnite just got a whole lot easier to play. Instead of having to rely on the on-screen buttons, Fortnite has added controller support for Android.
Check out the new SteelSeries Stratus Duo if you’re looking for a Bluetooth controller to play with. If that’s not for you, we have a list of the best controllers for Android that you should check out.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOLID GOLD
All things that glitter are gold in this Limited Time Mode! All weapon spawns are Legendary with increased material gathering. Drop in now and earn that Victory Royale.
- All weapon drops are Legendary.
- Increased amount of materials received from gathering.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Chiller Grenade
- The Chiller Grenade will knock players back, causing them to slide along the ground.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with the Chiller Grenade will slip around with icy feet/wheels for a duration of 7 seconds.
- Drops in stacks of 3.
- Common rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Vending Machines.
- Cozy Campfire – Updated Visuals
- We’ve updated the visual effects of Cozy Campfires to more clearly indicate when a campfire is in use or burnt out.
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle
- Burst Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Suppressed SMG
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Reduced the drop chance of Dual Pistol from floor loot from 2.24% to 1.38%.
- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- This resolves an issue where vehicles could be damaged when using Balloons while on a vehicle.
- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Edit Delay
- Re-enabled client-side editing improvements.
- These were turned off in 7.20 due to an input bug they were causing.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
- Fixed Sneaky Snowman’s last charge breaking away right after applying if another Sneaky Snowman is present in a different inventory slot.
- Fixed an issue where the glider would auto-deploy closer to the ground than expected when holding glider redeploy from the bus.
- Fixed the X-4 Stormwing’s health bar occasionally not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a Sneaky Snowman if it landed next to them.
- Increased the amount of materials gained from looting Chests and Floor Loot from 20 to 30.
- Increased the number of materials received from Supply Drops from 40 to 60.
- Aim assist now targets enemies on vehicles rather than the base of the vehicles they’re occupying.
- Quickly switching to Traps then weapons on gamepads no longer causes players to shoot or swing pickaxes.
- Supply Drop balloons now take environmental damage, including damage from explosives or biplanes gun.
- Fixed instances of a free wall piece showing as placeable but not building.
- Fixed player cameras from becoming distorted when another player enters a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue where the magnet on the Zipline could be invisible on use.
- Fixed an issue where boost visual effects could appear while operating a vehicle near a Zipline.
- Players can now properly progress through and complete the Week 4 “Use an X-4 Stormwing plane in different matches” Challenge.
- Screens no longer shake uncontrollably after after walking on icy surfaces.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to turn the X-4 Stormwing after hitting terrain/structures.
- The Guided Missile has been removed from Playgrounds.
- Removed the Spiky Stadium Supply Drop.
- This will remove the ability to loot the Spiky Stadium as well as Impulse Grenades.
- This was done due to an issue that was sending players back to the Lobby.
- New Tournament Added: Architect Pop-Up Cup (Solo, Duo, and Squads)
- Settings from previous Pop-Up Cup tournaments still apply to this tournament.
- Within this mode, player built structures can now be edited by any player, regardless of team status.
- This is an experiment that we’d like to try out in this testing environment, but aren’t quite sure of the full impact. We’d love to hear feedback from your experiences playing with this change.
- Tournaments may now feature leaderboards for each event session, highlighting top performers.
- Participating in tournaments now requires a minimum account level of 10.
- Smoothed out drops in framerate that could happen with large changes in view direction and rendered character counts.
- Added a fuse sound to the Grenade.
- Fixed emote music overlapping with lobby music depending on the way volume sliders were configured.
- Show total party eliminations on the HUD if your team wins.
- Added additional models to the “Cycle Models” list when viewing Wraps in the Battle Pass or Item Shop.
- The party colors have been restored to Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow. To distinguish players in LTMs like Food Fight.
- There are new icons for non-squad teammates and the opponent icons on the minimap.
- Rotating the camera on the Battle Bus no longer has an oscillating/swimming effect on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue in the Net Debug UI that would cause it to show a ping value that was too high.
- Fixed issue where weapons were not equipping when double-clicking in the inventory after swapping their quickbar slots.
- Fix an issue where teammates scores would not be displayed.
- Fixed incorrect elimination count information occurring in large team modes.
- Fixed player sorting order in the player reporting UI.
- Fixed an issue where some of the leaderboard UI could sometimes blink repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Spectator’ button in the Player Reporting menu would only select the first player you spectated.
- Fixed an issue where the playlist selection screen could sometimes show an incorrect selection after leaving a party.
- Fixed a display issue with the item pick-up prompt that would sometimes occur after opening an ammo box.
- Fix lobby preview lengths of Pumpernickel, Running Man, Dance Therapy, and Hot Marat emotes.
ART + ANIMATION
- Celebrate Super Bowl LIII with new Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots uniforms added to the Fourth Down Outfit set. Drop in and represent your favorite team!
- All players who previously purchased the Fourth Down set will be granted these variants.
- Fixed weapon animations playing twice for each shot fired in replays.
- Fixed an issue where camera/lens settings could display incorrect initial values.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to play an out of date replay selects another replay.
- Fixed players appearing jittery while using Ziplines in replays.
- Fixed Boombox music not playing when watching replays.
- The Streamer Mode setting has been replaced with two separate settings:
- Anonymous Mode
- This will display your name as “Anonymous” to all players that are not in your squad.
- Your account info will still be attached to reports submitted by other players using the Player Reporting feature.
- Hide Other Player Names
- This will display all other player names as “Player” unless they are in your squad.
- Neither of these settings will be functional when playing in a Tournament match.
- Party Invite Notifications will now appear when in the Game Mode select screen. Accepting the invite from the notification will take you to the proper game mode and join the party.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some party members to fail to matchmake with a “Version Mismatch” error if a party member joined, readied up, and matchmaking was started in rapid succession.
- Mobile Controller support
- Android: most of Bluetooth controller adapters, such as Steelseries Stratus XL, Gamevice, XBox1, Razer Raiju, and Moto Gamepad.
- iOS: MFi controllers, such as Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice.
- Disabled phone vibration if a gamepad attached.
- 60Hz on select Android models
- We are rolling out 60Hz support (to be enabled in settings) on select Android devices. We have been working with our partners on optimizations and are rolling this out initially on the following specific models.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Added audio visualization icons for vehicles and Balloons
- Fixed an issue causes players to be unable to build multiple structure types while simultaneously holding down the build button and changing build types.
- Fixed Harvesting Tool button no longer swaps back to the previously selected weapon
- Fixed Multiple simultaneous button presses on mobile can disable the fire button
- Fixed No padlock icon appears on the directional pad when locking with auto-run on mobile.
- Fixed Several UI buttons having lower resolution than the other buttons.
Piano Keys + Music Blocks
Jam out in Creative! Become a musician with these two new additions and imagine your very own original tracks.
Arctic Base Prefabs
Imagine and create your own frozen wonderland with the newest Prefabs available in Creative mode.
- Added an option to set edit permission per player on your Island.
- New option to control respawn times.
- New option added to end games.
- The first team to reach a set number of eliminations wins.
- New option added: “After Last Spawn Go To Team”
- After running out of spawns in a game, you can now either become a spectator or be switched to a different team depending on the game’s settings.
- Range includes “Spectator” and “Team 1 – 16”.
- The Game Stats screen displayed after Creative games conclude now contains buttons for immediately restarting the game and restoring the Island.
- Increased the speed that Islands load after a game.
- Renamed “Game Modes” to “Score Preset” to better clarify what that option does.
- When joining a game in progress, players are now put in spectator mode until the game ends.
- Fixed a server crash that could occur when a prefab was despawned.
- Fixed an out of memory server crash.
- Fixed Storm damage not applying if the health mutator was set to invincible.
- Creative mode games now properly set player orientation as well as location.
- Fixed spawn direction to always face the same direction when spawning.
- Fixed the Victory Royale animation when using Last Standing option.
- Fixed an issue where games would not end if a player was spectating.
- Fixed an issue where joining players would occasionally be able to play a Creative game despite having exceeded respawn limits.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally return to the Creative Hub in Spectate Mode.
- Fixed an issue where players could go outside of the playspace of the Creative Hub.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Chiller Grenade added to Creative alongside its release to Battle Royale.
- Removed Guided Missile.
- Fixed the Wood Resource quantity to be consistent with the other material resources in the Creative Consumables screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Six Shooter displayed incorrect rarity color in the Creative Weapons menu and game.
- Fixed an issue where some Balloons would remain stuck in the air after being equipped.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
- Added a drop indicator when holding copied prefab assets or props in the sky, to better predict drop placement.
- Fixed cases where players had Creative permissions on Islands they did not own or have rights to.
- Fixed an issue where sections of a prefab would disappear and reappear when copying with the Phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone tool would occasionally disappear upon ending a game on a Creative island.
- Added 6 Arctic Base Prefabs.
- Added Arctic Base Galleries
- Added a new Piano Key Gallery.
- Added a Music Blocks Gallery.
- Added an Ambient Gallery, which offers 8 color variance of Torches, Glow Sticks and Spotlights
- Added a Challenge Gallery, which are new elements that disappear when ran through by the player. More functionality coming in future updates.
- Added Random Chest and Ammo Box Gallery.
- Spawn rates use the latest Battle Royale loot rates.
- Added Windmill to the Farmstead Gallery.
- Added additional Winter Village Building Color Gallery.
- Added a Challenge Gallery, which are new props that disappear when ran through by the player. More functionality coming in future updates.
- Torches now cast light with shadow casting disabled.
- New Starting Inventory Device added,
- Allows you to choose what players start within their inventory during games. Works just like the Item Spawner except items are not spawned but added to the player’s inventory at the start of games.
- Assign a team to the device to give items to a specific team only.
- New Barrier Zone added.
- This is a zone you can place that creates collision barriers that prevent players from moving past them.
- New Movement Modulator added.
- Allows you to change the speed of a player or vehicle
- Speed options are Super Slow, Very Slow, Slow, Normal, Fast, Very Fast, Super Fast
- You can set a duration in seconds 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 60, 120.
- When an Item Spawner has finished spawning all of its items during a game, its visual effects turn off to indicate it’s dormant.
- Fixed an issue causing Item Spawners to stop spawning new items if the item it spawned was combined with a nearby pickup of the same type.
- Removed extraneous stats from vehicle spawner devices.
- Sentries will no longer reload infinitely when running out of their range.
- Duplicate Sentry has been removed from Traps.
- Fixed the Christmas Tree that was appearing in prefabs that would shrink when grabbed by the Phone.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Cliffs were they would lose collision when grabbed by the Phone.
- Fixed an issue with the Elimination Zone where the visual effects would not rotate with the trap.
- Fixed an issue where the Elimination Zone displayed an incorrect mesh upon placement.
- Fixed an issue where the Elimination Zone visual effects were not displayed correctly when the boundary limit was changed.
- Fixed an issue with the Elimination Zone where the boundary settings would occasionally return to default.
- Fixed an issue where players could not attach the Elimination Zone to walls.
- Fixed an issue where players with invincibility settings were not affected by the Elimination Zone.
- Fixed an issue where players who were down-but-not-out were unaffected by the Elimination Zone.
- Fixed an issue where traps were not destroyed after harvesting the floor underneath them.
- Fixed an issue where the effects from the Ice Block trap would trigger before players stepped onto the tile.
- Fixed an issue where adjacent Sentries were destroyed when damaging one with a Sniper Rifle in a Creative game.
- Fixed an issue where the lantern from the Lucky Landing Gallery would fall through the map when attempting to paste it in a Creative island.
- Fixed an issue where the vines from the Nature Snow Gallery and the Nature Shrub Gallery would fall out of the map when attempting to paste them in a Creative island.
- Fixed an issue where elimination counts would not be correct for other teammates when playing in large team modes, Playgrounds, and Creative mode.
- Fixed a crash related to Player Suggestions.
- Fixed an additional potential input loss that could result from receiving a gift while viewing the Add Friends screen.
- Fixed an issue where “Victory Royale” would occasionally fail to display at the end of a Creative game.
- Fixed an issue where “Victory Royale” would occasionally be presented to the wrong player after a Creative game ends.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles were displaying the damage stats of traps in the UI.
- Fixed overlapping Seat Switch and Rotate buttons on the mobile platform.
- Fixed an issue with a settings tooltip getting cut off screen.
- Fixed an issue where mobile players did not have a dedicated button to fly downward, in Create mode.
- Fixed an issue where players were prompted to ‘edit’ player built structures even though the setting to Block Building in Game was turned on.
- Fixed an issue where players were shown build previews on player built structures though the Block Building in Game was turned on.
- Optimized performance when using the Phone.
- Fixed an issue where players would run into low frame rate and instability when placing a lot of torches, from the Castle prefab, in a small areas
- Added notification sounds for matchmaking that can play even when the game is inactive or minimized. This can be configured under “Allow Background Audio” in the settings menu.
- Adjusted the timing code for automatic weapons to reduce the effect that frame rates have on fire rates.
- Fixed an issue where some car destruction visual effects were not rotated properly, causing the car’s position to visibly jump once the car was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue preventing building repair animations from fully playing in some cases when being damaged and repaired simultaneously.
- The “leafy” particle effects no longer permanently remain on players after moving through corn fields.
- Fixed an issue where some audio sources would be audible over shorter distances than other platforms.
- Switch Optimization (Battle Royale + Creative)
- Moved to a more efficient memory allocator on Switch; significantly reducing crashes due to out of memory.
- Reduced hitches on Switch caused by garbage collection.
- Improved level streaming performance on Switch, speeding up building load times.
- Increased texture pool size on Switch by 100MB to reduce issues with blurry textures.
- GPU performance improvements for Switch – improved screen resolution.
- Doubled the limit for the number of cosmetics that can be displayed on the screen as we now have more free memory.
- Mobile Optimizations (Battle Royale + Creative)
- Enabled 60 FPS mode:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Enabled client-side prediction for high-end mobile devices in order to reduce networking/movement correction hitches.
- Optimized most weapon-based projectiles.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.20 update overview
Version 7.20 of Fortnite includes a new limited time mode called One Shot. Not only do players have lower health in One Shot than in normal matches, but gravity is lower as well. Only Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles are available as weapons.
Speaking of which, there’s a new weapon, the Scoped Revolver, to try out, and the Glider Redeploy item is back. Version 7.20 also includes lots of other changes, improvements and bug fixes in the game, including its recently added Creative mode. You can read much more about version 7.20 in the patch notes below.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.20 patch notes
Limited Time Mode: One Shot
There’s low gravity and every player has 50 health. Snipers are the only weapon and Bandages the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
- Gravity is set lower than normal.
- The Storm wait time has been greatly reduced in all phases of the game.
- The only weapons in this mode are Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
- Semi-auto Snipers and Bounce Pads have been removed from the Vault in this mode.
- Players will spawn with 50 health and can only heal if they find Bandages.
Weapons and Items
- Scoped Revolver
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fires Medium Ammo.
- 42 / 44 damage per shot.
- Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
- This item takes up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Gliders do not need to be selected to deploy. Activate them by pressing your jump button while in mid-air.
- Rarity is Rare.
- Gliders come with 10 charges.
- Each deploy uses a charge. When all charges are used the item disappears.
- Glider redeploy does not consume a charge when using a Launch Pad, Rifts-to-Go, or respawning in a Limited Time Mode.
- Found from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Llamas.
- Minigun adjustments
- Added an overheating mechanic. Overheat occurs after approximately 6 seconds of continuous fire.
- Reduced the wind-up time by 37%.
- Updated the audio for the Minigun.
- Rarity color adjustments
- Balloons changed from Epic to Rare.
- Stink Bomb changed from Epic to Rare.
- Scoped AR decreased from Rare/Epic to Uncommon/Rare.
- The following projectile-based weapons now have the same projectile trajectory as the Heavy Sniper Rifle:
- Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
- Hunting Rifle
- Weapon first-shot accuracy now works with icy feet and while on ziplines.
- The reticle center dot on Scoped Rifles has been reduced in size. This will mitigate situations where it appears you’re on your target but still miss the shot.
- Trap drop chance adjustments
- Total drop chance of Traps from floor loot increased from 3.98% to 4.73%.
- Cozy Campfire
- Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.26% to 0.73%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 6.63% to 15.47%.
- Launch Pad
- Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.53% to 0.98%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 13.25% to 20.77%.
- Mounted Turret
- Drop chance from floor loot decreased from 0.8% to 0.73%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas decreased from 20.42% to 15.47%.
- Small shields max stack size has been decreased from 10 to 6.
- Fixed a bug that could cause you to lose the ability to switch weapons if firing a Grappler while crashing a vehicle or interacting with an object during travel.
- Fixed a bug where your ability to fire would be delayed after discarding a Grappler.
- Removed the ability to ride or be pushed by a Grappler due to the ability for players to move fast enough to cause network issues.
- Fixed Balloons not being popped by explosions.
- Fixed issue causing odd dynamite size/scaling when picking it up and re-throwing.
- When a player is eliminated by Down-But-Not-Out bleed-out damage, the elimination distance is calculated from the original down location rather than the distance when they are fully eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scoped Rifles to have full accuracy earlier than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the center dot of the reticle while scoped did not line up with the center dot while unscoped.
- Fixed dynamite re-throw ability from being canceled by changing weapons or being a vehicle passenger.
- Players will no longer receive credit for a “No Scope” in the elimination feed if they use a scope to eliminate a player.
- Zipline improvements
- Added the ability to change direction via player movement input button. Just move in the direction you’d like to go while riding a zipline, no jumping required.
- Rather than moving at max speed as soon as entering the zipline, players will now accelerate over time to reach that max speed.
- Destruction effects have been turned back on while riding a zipline.
- Players will destroy the nearby player buildings before attaching to the zipline so their path becomes clear
- Added a third decimal place for mouse/controller sensitivity to allow for more granular values.
- To help with situations where walls are built mostly underground, we’ve added functionality where an extra piece will be built for free on top of that piece.
- This occurs when the wall piece is showing less than 30% above ground.
- Gamepad Sensitivity
- Building sensitivity change also applies to edit mode.
- Editing will no longer interrupt gun fire and pickaxe swings.
- Corn stalks will no longer block gunfire.
- Editing a structure will now begin without waiting for a response from the server. This should cut down on ghost shots before editing and make it a smoother experience.
- Confirming the edit will still require sending data to the server and be impacted by high ping or poor server performance.
- Vehicle impact damage to a player will now respect shields instead of directly applying to player health.
- When a plane explodes due to any reason, it will now deal damage to both passengers and pilots. This damage no longer ignores shields.
- Infinite dab is even more infinite…Dab for 11 hours instead of 10 hours in the lobby.
- Adjusted map art to more accurately represent player & marker positions.
- Textures of props used in emotes are now pre-streamed so scorecard and other emotes that use props will have less chance of using a low-resolution texture.
- X-4 Stormwing passengers now have the same Hold to Exit functionality as pilots.
- Fixed instances of glider redeploy not deploying when exiting a Stormwing.
- Fixed grenade throw animations not playing the follow-through when watching other players throw a grenade.
- Fixed the preview length on many emotes in the lobby to hear the full music track.
- Completing the “Play a match with a friend” Daily Challenge now correctly counts towards other quests that require completing daily challenges.
- Fixed players not being able to destroy the Boombox from certain distances.
- Fixed some issues with ziplines
- Players will no longer be flung across the map or get in broken animation states.
- A cooldown has been added to ensure jump spamming will not allow players with mild network issues to fall through the zipline collision.
- The zipline magnet will no longer remain over players heads.
- Players no longer fall when colliding with enemy structures.
- Players no longer dismount ziplines at steep angles when under bad network conditions.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes take 2 instances of impact damage from getting hit by the X-4 Stormwing.
- Damage numbers when shooting Mounted Turrets now properly displays as vehicle damage instead of player damage.
- Players who are emoting on the starter island will no longer continue emoting after jumping from the Battle Bus.
- Gliders and Umbrellas will no longer appear sideways or misaligned when dropping from the Battle Bus.
- Tournament systems have been significantly updated to support upcoming features. We’ll be operating a series of small scale test events as we test these updates with more players.
- We will be testing in waves until we are confident in the new functionality. At that point, we will again begin running tournaments regularly for all players.
- Older tournaments will be removed from the Events tab on Switch & mobile devices for the time being.
- Data for those tournaments has been saved and will return to those platforms in a future release.
- Players will automatically be removed from the match after 60 seconds of spectating after being eliminated.
- Fixed shield damage sound playing when shooting or getting hit by teammates.
- Gliders that have music can now play their music in the lobby for previewing.
- Reduced the volume of the X-4 Stormwing.
- Reduce the volume of the Boombox.
- Added unique bouncing sound to Dynamite.
- Fixed music cutting out on mobile/Switch platforms.
- Fixed incorrect boost audio loop for Quad Crasher on mobile/Switch.
- Fixed missing medium-distant Scoped AR gunshot sounds.
- Fixed loud winter biome ambient audio on mobile/Switch.
- Updated the ammo icons in the inventory to look more realistic.
- Building resources of spectated players are now visible.
- Prevent pickup HUD interaction prompts from appearing while in a vehicle, since picking up is disabled while in a vehicle.
- Fixed error displays when a friend request fails.
- Prevented special preview actions (Play Again, Switch Model, Full Screen, etc…, shown when viewing a cosmetic item) from disappearing after opening and closing the chat window.
- Fixed a red background showing up when the chat window is opened while doing a ‘Full Screen’ preview of a Loading Screen cosmetic.
- Prevented unrelated loading screens from sometimes showing up instead of the selected Loading Screen while doing a ‘Full Screen’ preview.
- Battle Royale players can now accept party invites from players in Save The World and join games in progress.
Art & Animation
- Both Lynx and Zenith now have custom idle poses in the lobby.
- The size of the Red Knight shield and Raven Back Bling from the Frozen Bundle now matches their original versions.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Deadfire Outfit from being reactive in game.
- Improved quality of the Golf Clap emote on mobile and Switch.
- Fixed a few replay loading issues that could cause a loading screen to appear when it was not necessary for one to be displayed.
- Fixed a bug causing users to aim-down-sights when exiting vehicles.
- Fixed turbo building while holding extra build buttons.
- Fixed an issue where the Add Friend button for other party members in the Main Menu was not able to be clicked on mobile devices.
- Added HUD button
- This HUD button shows when you enter the in-game settings as a separate section to turn on/off certain HUD aspects.
A brand new arctic island debuts in Creative! Bundle up, drop in, and bring your vision to life.
Roll up your sleeves and build your dream home in the country with the new Farmstead themed Prefabs.
- Frosty Fortress
- A new selectable arctic island with structures already placed on it.
- This island is ready for games to be played right away!
- Preview images of islands are now displayed on top of Featured Islands in the Creative Hub.
- Fixed an issue which caused island portals to not appear when those islands contained many copies of certain types of building tiles or props.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to exit their Island with the Phone tool by being inside Prefab structures.
- Fixed an issue where players could take items out of an island to the Creative Hub.
- Fixed an issue where Traps would remain floating in the air after the supporting wall was removed.
- Added a new “Last Standing” option to allow creators to specify whether they want the game to end when there is only one player or team remaining.
- Added a new “Spawns” option to allow players to specify how many times a player can spawn.
- Added a new “Player Flight” option to allow flight during games or when the Phone is unavailable.
- Added a new “Jump Fatigue” option for enabling/disabling jump height penalties that would normally get applied on rapid successive jumps.
- Added new Gravity Options.
- When Traps are equipped from the Creative Inventory, the new Trap will become selected on your quick bar.
- Fixed players blocked from loading into Creative with a network error.
- The first timing loading may take extra time while the server fixes the load issues with the player’s island.
- Fixed vehicles causing damage to structures when the world was indestructible or when players did not have permission to edit.
- Fixed building animations becoming stuck when being moved with the Phone mid-animation.
- Fixed an issue where player placed walls would show health bars more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue where tiles would appear red during games.
- Fixed an issue where multiple camera fades would occur on game start and game end.
Creative Tools & Phone
- Added Turbo Building to Creative
- You can now hold down the “Place” button to continuously add building tiles and props as you move and aim.
- This feature requires “Turbo Building” to be enabled in your Game settings.
- Added Turbo Delete
- Holding down the Delete button will now continuously destroy building tiles and props.
- Added a new “Turbo Delete In Creative Mode” option to Game settings. This is enabled by default.
- Added a new effect when utilizing Grid Snap to help visualize placement.
- Fixed the Phone being able to edit or delete objects even when island edit permissions were not granted.
- Fixed an issue where other walls could vanish when copying a wall using the Phone.
- Fixed an issue with the Phone remaining available after a player leaves the island while inside a recently-placed prefab.
- Fixed an issue where the “Drops” UI was not displaying the proper value,
- Fixed an issue where the Phone hologram could get stuck at a spot in the world after pasting a prop, with drops enabled.
- Fixed an issue where after rotating certain walls while moving on Grid, those walls would not trigger as being allowed to have traps placed on them.
- Added 6 Farmstead prefabs and Farmstead Galleries
- Added 3 Ice Cliff Galleries
- Added Large Cube Gallery
- Added Random Spawn options on the Item Spawner:
- “Random” allows items to spawn in a random order from the spawn list.
- “No Repeats” spawns items in a random order and will not repeat an item until everything in the list has spawned once. This only differs from “Random” if “Items Respawn” option is set to “On”.
- Renamed the “Gunner” Device to “Sentry”.
- Added new Options to the Sentry.
- Added health and shield options.
- Added respawn options.
- Added accuracy and attack range options.
- Added target style, line of sight, and proximity options.
- Added adaptive aim option to determine whether or not the Sentry’s aim improves over time.
- Added attack range visualization when players stand on the Sentry plate.
- New Elimination Zone Device.
- Allows the player to place an adjustable zone that will eliminate players if they come in contact with it during a game.
- Item Spawner now includes additional ammunition to weapons spawned.
- Fixed an issue where Traps wouldn’t be destroyed properly or trigger correctly.
- Fixed an issue where parts of metal and wood floors would clip through the Item Spawner.
- Item Spawner Fixes.
- Fixed an issue where some items in the Item Spawner wouldn’t display all of their materials in the preview cycle.
- Fixed items not getting added to Item Spawner if they are added in rapid succession.
- Fixed incorrect visual effects appearing on Item Spawners in-game.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Spawner that resulted in all items in the spawner being the same rarity color after a game finished or the island is loaded.
- Fixed an issue where some Item Spawner item holograms had jittery movement when near them.
- Fixed an issue causing Player Start devices to float after a mini-game finishes.
- Player Spawner Fixes.
- Fixed graphical problems with the Player Spawner team assignment display on Android platforms.
- Fixed players respawning in the Creative Hub when Player Spawner location is blocked.
- Fixed players occasionally getting stuck in skydive when respawning on Player Spawner.
Weapons & Items
- Added Dual Pistols
- Available in Rare and Epic variants.
- 41-43 base damage.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Shoots both pistols with one pull of the trigger.
- Does not use first shot accuracy.
- Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
- Fixed not being able to build on opposing team’s structures while editing a creative island. However, this is still not allowed while a game in progress.
- Added a message to the HUD that displays how to start the match on an island when on a shared or featured island.
- Fixed “Memory Used” label not being centered over the memory budget indicator.
- Fixed the Creative Inventory displaying Prefabs in some cases, even when edit permission was not available.
- Reduced the time it takes to load into Creative and to switch between islands. Further improvements will be coming in future updates.
- Improved performance for minigame spawners.
- Improved performance and memory usage by culling more objects that are very far away from the player
- Fixed hitches when displaying tooltip text.
- Fixed creative button visibility while in vehicles.
- Sensitivity settings allow for more granular adjustments.
- Fixed weapon firing not starting automatically when switching over from building while holding the fire button.
- Fixed water bullet impacts not playing properly when viewing another player shooting the surface of the water.
- You can now block players directly from their party invite.
- The chat scroll bar will no longer appear before chat is opened for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where chat could get stuck open, requiring a restart.
- Launching Fortnite by accepting an invite from the Epic Games Launcher on PC / Mac will once again properly attempt to join the party after the game starts.
- Memory-optimized for mobile in Battle Royale and Creative to reduce out-of-memory crashes.
- Performance improvements made for vehicles and some cosmetic items.
- Improved disk read times on the Xbox and Android in Battle Royale and Creative to reduce the occurrence of late HLODs.
- Improved performance on Vulkan capable Android devices in Battle Royale and Creative.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.10 update overview
The highlight of version 7.10 is the inclusion of the “14 Days of Fortnite” season event. The event features new and returning LTMs. Large team modes switch every two days, while small team modes switch every 24 hours.
Version 7.10 also includes some tweaks to weapons, improved GPU performance for draw distances, and more. You can read much more about version 7.10 in the patch notes below.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.10 patch notes
Limited Time Modes: 14 Days of Fortnite
The 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature both new and returning LTMs. Large team modes switch every two days and small team modes rotate every 24 hours.
Starting December 19, log in each day at 9 AM ET(1400 UTC) to find out which modes are available to explore. Let us know which LTM is your favorite on our social channels!
Weapons and Items
- Heavy Assault Rifle Changes:
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Assault Rifle while not aiming down sights; aiming down sight gameplay remains roughly the same
- Increased ADS accuracy bonus by 10%
- Increased accuracy while standing still by 10%
- Reduced vertical recoil by 6%
- Base accuracy reduced by 30%
- Reduced accuracy while jumping and falling by 60%
- Improved Balloon controls
- While in the air, Balloons can be released by pressing the ‘Crouch’ keybind(formerly the ‘Jump’ keybind).
- Players can again use Alt-Fire to release a Balloon when the Balloon item is selected.
- For modes it’s available in, the height at which glider redeploy is available has been decreased from 1000 units to 576 units.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up live Dynamite through structures.
- Ground vehicles now slide on icy surfaces.
- Eliminations from “no-scoping” enemies with Sniper Rifles now shows up in the elimination feed.
- Sticking a landing on all 4 wheels with a vehicle will no longer damage the player inside.
- It’s now easier to pick up items dropped near a Mounted Turret.
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Boosting now reduces the damage taken from impacts by 50%, previously boosting prevented all impact damage.
- Damage done to players that are in a Stormwing when it’s shot down has been increased from 25 to 50
- Damage is dealt directly to health.
- Stormwings will now take more damage from destroying structures by running through them.
- Holding a movement key while confirming an edit will no longer force the player to continue moving in the direction of the key they were holding.
- Mounted Turrets will no longer be briefly teleported under the map and then returned to their original location.
- Various Zipline fixes
- Zipline animations no longer briefly play every time a player jumps after building underneath a Zipline.
- Players should retain proper momentum when latching onto a Zipline. This will fix the issue where it appears a player is “jittery/rubberbanding” or receives a perceived speed boost immediately after latching onto the Zipline.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to sprint if they emote while on a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become detached from the Zipline right after seeing the animation above their head.
- The Zipline pulley will no longer remain in the world after eliminating a player while they were riding on it.
- Fixed an issue where players would get flung across the map.
- Added sounds and effects when a ziplining player smashes through structures.
- Improved attach collision around Ziplines.
- Fixed regressions with the “Auto Pick Up Weapons” option
- Added additional dates for Explorer Pop-Up Cups and Friday Night Fortnite
- Explorer Pop-Up Cups
- Resource caps adjusted from 700/500/300 to 500/500/500 for wood/stone/metal.
- Resource gains on eliminations adjusted from 100/50/50 to 50/50/50 for wood/stone/metal.
- We’re continuing to make adjustments on these values in an attempt to find a healthy balance, please let us know your feedback!
- Fixed an issue where Traps were not granting elimination rewards in Explorer Pop-Up Cup.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent time trial Challenges from recording player completion times.
- Players should no longer see an occasional “Please Wait” message that blocks them from starting Challenge games in Playgrounds.
- GPU performance improvements when view distances are far. This should improve resolution on consoles and in some cases, frame rate.
- Minor improvements were made to performance for emote music playback.
- Addressed movement corrections sometimes are seen when players jump
- Improved the performance of some gliders
- Improved winter biome ambient audio.
- Reduced the volume of Quad Crasher boost sounds.
- Fixed Victory Royale sound effects being different on mobile/Switch.
- Players can now preview loading screen cosmetics in the front end by pushing the key bound to the “preview” action “Full Screen”
- Added a vehicle health bar above the player shield bar.
- Fixed an issue where a short snippet of the currently equipped Music item could be heard when previewing a different Music item
- Fixed an occasional crash when viewing event tiles on the consoles.
Art and Animation
- Zenith has his own idle animation in the lobby.
- Lynx has her own idle animation in the lobby.
- Phone It In now plays for 15 seconds in the lobby
- Dab for days with the new emoting power of the Infinite Dab in the lobby!
- UI buttons updated.
- Made the HUD settings tab visible for mobile players.
- Updated icons to be more visible in snow.
- Moved the Exit Vehicle button to a new location
- 60 FPS option enabled for iPad Pro – second generation (10.5” & 12.9”) (select inside Settings).
- Enabled support for Snapdragon 710 chipsets (such as; Samsung A8S, Xiaomi Mi 8SE, Nokia 8.1, Oppo R17 Pro).
- Enabled support for Snapdragon 670 chipsets (such as Oppo R17, Vivo Z3).
- Enabled support for Samsung A9.
- Added a warning when Accessibility settings for Zoom are enabled, which interfere with tapping the screen and cause missing actions.
- This caused players to experience unresponsive interactions.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.01 update overview
With Season 7 in full swing, version 7.01 might not seem that exciting by comparison. That said, the new version of Fortnite includes the Infinity Blade weapon from Epic Games’ Infinity Blade series, the new Close Encounters limited-time mode, and more.
After the new version rolled out to players, however, they complained that the Infinity Blade was overpowered. It also didn’t help that there were no good counters against it.
As a result, the Infinity Blade is now a Vaulted weapon. It’s no longer available in Fortnite, though it could come back as a retooled weapon.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.01 patch notes
- Players are no longer brought to the Battle Royale lobby when clicking “Creative” in the game mode select screen.
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only weapons in this mode are Shotgun variants.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun variants are spawned as floor loot.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal at mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Weapons and items
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- X-4 Stormwing
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Speculative fix for players moving after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.
This is an early release so you may experience client crashes, loss of progress, or other unexpected errors.
- The Block
- New 5th Island to build on. Provides the exact block that appears in Battle Royale where your creation could appear.
- Featured Islands
- Added 4 featured island Rifts. Featured islands will be changed over time as we feature the communities creations. Featured maps can be played the rules are set by the creator. Also, use the featured rifts to enter codes from other creators.
- Island Codes system
- Use codes to load creations that have been shared with the Island Code system.
- Initially, only a limited number of players in the Support a Creator program will have access to this feature.
- Over time we will expand the number of players that can publish islands as we polish this feature.
- To use a code, go to a Feature Rift and select “Enter Code” and follow the instructions.
- Post your creations to Reddit, Youtube, Twitch, or any of our other social channels! We may reach out and provide you the ability to publish your creation.
- Fixed an issue where respawning on Creative Hub could cause your player to leave the Island.
- Fixed various problems with Island Rifts not functioning correctly.
- Fixed Island Rifts not showing the correct Island name and player count in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that prevented player inventory from being reset when returning to Creative Hub.
- Fixed players appearing to fall through the ground in Replays when teleporting between islands.
- Fixed bug where the same friend’s server could appear multiple times in Creative server select.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from placing building tiles on certain islands.
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to spawn on your island when building tiles or props were in the way.
- 6 New Lucky Landing Prefabs
- Obstacle Course
- The Obstacle Course gallery was split into four separate gallery Prefabs: Floors, Walls, Roofs & Stairs and Parts.
- New props were added to the Parts gallery. Go check it out!
- Indestructible Gallery
- This gallery contains props that cannot be destroyed by weapons.
- New indestructible props and building tiles were added to this gallery Prefab.
- A few other Prefabs were updated with new building tiles and props.
New: Item Spawner – Drop any item on this device to have it spawn one item at a time during games.
- New: Player Checkpoint Plate – Run across the checkpoint during a game and the next time you die you’ll respawn there.
- Player Spawn device can now be customized to spawn only players on a specific team number. The team number is displayed on the plate (except when in the game is in progress.)
- Player Spawn device can now be set to be an Island Start instead of a game start. This can be used to set where players arrive when they visit your island when not in Play mode.
- Fixed issues with multiple devices able to be placed on top of one another.
- Fixed Damage Rails being able to be placed on top of themselves.
- Fixed vehicles not being removed when their Vehicle Spawner is deleted.
- Fixed a problem that could cause devices to malfunction after being saved and loaded.
- Fixed certain devices becoming indestructible after loading your Island on a new server.
- New settings in “My Island” menu:
- “Starting Health” can now be set to “Invincible”.
- This prevents players from taking any damage on your island.
- “Building Damage in Game”
- This can be disabled to prevent island structures from being damaged in game.
- Has no effect on structures built by players during the game.
- When stopping a game, players are now returned to where they were before the game started.
- Player inventory is now reset when a game is started and also after it finishes.
- Fixed games being called “Minigames” in the UI in some places.
- Fixed eliminated players respawning on the same spawn pad in some cases.
- Fixed the “Down But Not Out” game setting not functioning correctly.
- Fixed players not being able to damage structures in game after editing privileges were revoked by the island owner.
- Fixed a bug where disabling falling damage would not be remembered when loading your island.
Creative tools and Phone
- Added Collision option
- Collision can now be turned on and off when moving props.
- Toggle collision using V (Hold) on a desktop, or D-Pad Left (Hold) on a controller.
- When collision is off, props can be freely moved through any other object (but not under terrain!)
- Grid Snap
- Snap now uses better settings for each individual prop. This allows props to align better to the Fortnite world grid.
- Renamed help text for certain actions to be more clear
- “Pick up” is now “Cut”
- While holding something, “Copy” is now “Paste”
- Your phone’s settings are now remembered as you move between islands, respawn, or play games on islands.
- Vehicles can no longer be deleted while players are using them.
- Added some additional sound effects when toggling options on the phone.
- Fixed props and building tiles being able to be placed outside of the island’s saveable area.
- Fixed props sometimes not placing exactly where the hologram preview shows it will when the Drops option was enabled.
- Fixed an issue with grid snap where props would not actually align to the grid when placing them down quickly.
- Fixed various problems when interacting with mirrored building tiles.
- Fixed some issues with placement of props being denied unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where props could vanish after you pick them up.
- Fixed some props that were not able to be moved using the Phone.
- Fixed hologram animations not playing on certain props when you pick them up.
- You can now switch to Fly while your Glider is deployed by double-tapping the Jump button.
- Holding down the Jump button on will now consistently fly upwards, even on a keyboard.
- Improved Fly animations, especially when using items or interacting.
- Fixed Bouncers being destroyed when flying on top of them.
- Fixed certain Devices not affecting respawned players who were eliminated while flying.
- Players will now be on the same team (and voice channel) when entering a server.
- Players who join a session in progress will now always be added to Team 1.
- Players are now spread evenly between available team spawns when possible.
- Players on the same team will now see team identifiers during a game.
- Removed redundant Team Spawn Pads option.
- Fixed players not all starting on the same team when first entering an Island.
- Fixed players not being on correct teams when starting a game.
- Fixed players being able to switch teams while in the middle of a game.
- Fixed players not being able to switch to specific teams in some cases.
Weapons and items
- Fixed not being able to stack Port-a-Fortress grenades in Creative.
UI and social
- Added a new tutorial pop-up to inform users about changing island permissions when another player joins the session.
- Players can no longer join your session in progress when your party is set to private.
- Fixed wrong Creative server being selected in some cases when choosing a server using a controller.
- Interacting with chests and Supply Llamas now takes the intended amount of time.
- Fixed the Creative Inventory not being displayed while skydiving or gliding.
- Fixed the wrong number of players showing next to names in the friend list.
- Fixed friends’ servers showing on Creative server select after they become empty.
- Fixed various issues with friend status in Creative and player counts.
- Fixed being able to access Creative Inventory when in the Creative Hub in certain cases.
- Fixed various problems with in-game tutorial pop-ups
- Improved the load times of island content when first starting a server.
- To improve server performance, the maximum number of Vehicle Spawners on an island has been limited to 32.
- Reduced memory usage when switching between Islands on the same server.
- Improved performance of particle systems with large numbers of placed traps.
- Added a new button that toggles Collision on the Phone.
- Added new states to some creative buttons to make their actions more clear.
- Fixed the “Memory Used” bar being covered up by other mobile UI.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.00 update overview
Fortnite Season 7 has arrived! The latest Season brings a winter theme to Fortnite which includes three new frosty areas to explore, a new vehicle, weapon and vehicle wraps, and an all-new game mode called Creative.
Check out our Fortnite Season 7 guide for all the info!
Fortnite Battle Royale version 7.00 update patch notes
Weapons and Items
X-4 Stormwing Plane
- 5 total seats.
- Seats 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun. Be careful, it can overheat.
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- Use the roll buttons for sharp turns.
- Pressing both will fly upside down.
- Double tapping roll buttons will do a barrel roll.
- Can boost and airbrake for extra mobility.
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Updated scope crosshair on Scoped AR and Thermal AR.
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
- Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
- Minimap updated.
- Increased the chance of final circles ending on the outer edges of the map.
- Fixed a bug causing weapon impact effects to play when shooting friendly players, even though no damage was being dealt.
New Tournament: Explorer Pop-Up Cup
- Material cap set to 700/500/300 for Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Players receive 100/50/50 Wood/Stone/Metal on elimination.
- Resource rate increased by 40%
- +50 effective health on elimination.
- Safezone Changes
- Increased chances of Supply Drops in later circles.
- Circle 9 now travels twice as far but takes twice as long to close.
- Some tournaments will now feature a limit on the number of matches that can be played during an event session.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from receiving elimination rewards if a player they downed was eliminated by the Down-But-Not-Out timer ending or if their team was fully eliminated.
- Optimized spawning pickups when a player is eliminated.
- Optimized the performance of the Dynamite fuse.
- Switch audio performance improvements – falling sounds no longer hitch.
- Minor Switch rendering optimizations to help general framerate.
- Reduced the volume of bullet and pickaxe impact audio on the starting island.
- Added a hit notification audio cue when a vehicle you’re riding in recieves damage.
- Fixed an issue that would cause in-air glider audio to continue playing when eliminating a gliding player.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicle audio loops to get stuck on.
- Fixed “crackling” audio heard on Mobile/Switch when shooting weapons or emoting.
- The Calamity, Dire, Ragnarok, and Drift Challenges have been moved to a new section at the bottom of the Challenges tab.
- Added filtering and updated the layout of the Locker.
- Vehicle Damage Numbers have been added!
- Vehicles now have a unique damage number pop color and show damage numbers.
- Polished the Store layout to support a larger number of tiles without needing to scroll.
- Minor update to the player feedback UI to add reporting categories and a list of other players in the current or last-played match.
- Fixed Battle Pass information from being displayed in the Lobby tab for players that have not purchased a Battle Pass.
- Fixed the header entry in the daily Challenges screen to work correctly when clicked.
- Moved the Nvidia Highlights button to the top right of the Battle Royale lobby to avoid conflicts with chat click zone.
- Fixed an issue where the Two Factor Authentication screen could sometimes cause input to become unresponsive.
- Nameplates will no longer sit above other HUD elements, such as the map.
- 60 FPS enabled on the iPad Pro 2018.
- 4x MSAA Anti-Aliasing turned back on for iOS.
- Improved performance on all Galaxy Note 9 devices as well as the North American variant of the Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Added support for the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018).
- Fixed the black border on the iPad Pro 2018.
- Fixed graphics settings on previous supported iPad Pro models.
- Fixed incorrect quality settings for iPad 6th Generation.
- Fixed occasional shadow flickerings in the game lobby.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 6.31 update overview
V6.31 adds a new Limited Time Mode called Team Rumble, new Pump Shotgun rarities, and more.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 6.31 update patch notes
Limited Time Mode: Team Rumble
Two large teams fight for the Victory Royale in an action-packed mode where the first team to get 100 eliminations wins!
- Two teams of 20 players.
- Players will respawn after 5 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a random type of ammo upon elimination, as well as a random stack of either 120 Wood, 90 Stone, or 60 Metal materials.
- Only Uncommon weapons (or better) are available.
- The first team to 100 eliminations wins.
Weapons and Items
New Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun
- 105 / 110 maximum damage
- Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Shotguns will now always apply at least 3 pellets worth of damage if only 1-2 pellets hit the target.
- NOTE: Bonus pellets can never be critical hits.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage and fall-off changes.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage increased from 80 / 85 to 95 / 100
- Pump shotguns will do higher damage in shorter range buckets but damage falls off quicker. This means you’ll do more damage to closer targets but less damage to farther targets.
- Added Stink Bombs to Supply Drops
- Removed Double Barrel Shotguns from floor loot
- Mounted Turret
- Adjusted Mounted Turret collision to make it easier to land shots against anyone occupying it.
- Removed the ability to repair the Mounted Turret
- Fixed players being able to clip into turret barrels and get stuck.
- Supply drops will automatically open if landing on a Mounted Turret
- Drop rate reduced from 1.719% to 0.915%
- The Mounted Turret can no longer fire through its own floor.
- Fixed an issue with players not having an audio cue while gliding after respawning.
- Fixed an issue with Chiller effects not applying properly to players’ feet.
- Reduced the in-air speed when using the Glider Redeploy feature in supported game modes.
- Added functionality that allows the placement of map markers in the world without needing to go into the fullscreen map.
- You’ll be able to look at a position in the world and use the “Place Marker” keybind to place a map marker. This command will only be available by default while in Combat Mode.
- This command is defaulted to Left on the D-pad for controllers and the Middle Mouse button for PC and Mac.
- For Mobile players, this command will be bound to an optional button in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Added the ability to pick up and throw back Dynamite with a lit fuse.
- To throw the Dynamite with a lit fuse, get near it and use the interact key.
- Increased the Dynamite explosion height against players from 192 units to 300 units.
- This was done to prevent players from being able to jump over the explosion area on flat ground without taking damage.
New Tournament: Alchemist Pop-Up Cup
- Pop-Up Cups are tournaments testing temporary, Limited Time Modes. Alchemist will continue our testing of several gameplay adjustments and may differ day to day.
- Initial Mode Settings:
- A material cap of 500 Wood, 500 Stone, 500 Metal
- Harvesting Rate Increased by 40%
- +50 Health on Eliminations
- Storm Surge
- If a certain amount of players are remaining by the time the Storm finishes closing, a Storm Surge will activate. This periodically deals damage to players who have the least amount of damage dealt during the match.
- Circle 1: 60 Players Remaining
- Circle 2: 44 Players Remaining
- Circle 3: 30 Players Remaining
- Circle 4: 20 Players Remaining
- Circle 5: 16 Players Remaining
- Circle 6: 14 Players Remaining
- Circle 7: 12 Players Remaining
- Circle 8: 6 Players RemainingCircle 9: 2 Players Remaining
- Your highest score or pin during any event session will now be displayed on the tournament poster in the Events tab.
- Pins will now reflect tournament colors on the Event Details screen.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive points during warmup island which would be later removed.
- Improvements to level streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch (improving building load times during skydiving)
- Player in-air falling audio cue volume has been increased.
- The Mounted Turret overheat audio loop volume has been reduced.
- Fixed an issue where the Glider in-air audio cue wouldn’t play for players who glide in after respawning.
We’re excited to announce that for a limited time we’ll be offering Gifting with the release of our v6.31 update! This initial gifting period will last one week after the release of the update.
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that occasionally occurred when logging in for the first time.
Art and Animation
- Fixed an issue where player nameplates disappear after scrubbing a replay.
- 60 FPS is now available on the following devices:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- Map Marker button added to the HUD Layout Tool
Fortnite Battle Royale version 6.30 update overview
Release Date: November 19, 2018
There’s yet another limited time mode for Fortnite players to try out: Wild West. This mode gives players access to a limited number of different weapons and items that you might find in the frontier, including a Six Shooter, a Pump Shotgun, and more, as you fight it out for the Victory Royale. Be aware that one of the new items listed in this update, Dynamite, has been reported as having been already removed from the game, although it’s possible it might come back. Check out the patch notes below for more details.
Fortnite Battle Royale version 6.30 update patch notes
Limited Time Mode: Wild West
Fight for the Victory Royale using a limited set of weapons and items such as Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, and Dynamite.
- Available Weapons
- Hunting Rifle
- Pump Shotgun
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Six Shooter
- Available Items
- Medical Kits
- Slurp Juice
- Supply Drops can contain
- Epic Six Shooters
- Legendary Double Barrel Shotguns
- Slurp Juice
Weapons and items
- New Weapon: Dynamite
- Uncommon rarity, found in stacks of 3
- Available from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and Supply Drops
- 70 damage to players and 800 damage to structures
- Explosion is in the shape of a flat cylinder
- 1600 units in diameter and 384 units in height
- Initiating a throw will start a 5-second fuse that can’t be canceled
- Throw range is shorter than standard Grenades
New tournament: Scavenger Pop-Up Cup Duos
- Scavenger game mode adjustments:
- Material cap reduced from 500 to 300
- Drop count of Clingers and Grenades increased from 3 to 5
- Safe zone changes
- Reduced the radius of Circle 3 from 20000 to 15000
- Reduced the radius of Circle 4 from 10000 to 7500
- Circle 4 is now the first circle partially outside of the previous safe zone (was circle 5)
- Increased chances of supply drops in later circles
- Circle 9 now travels twice as far but takes twice as long to close
What would you like to see in future updates to Fortnite? Let us know in the comments.