Apple’s AirPods are the most popular true wireless headphones around and work perfectly with most devices. However, in recent weeks we have had many people ask us; why can’t I connect them to my Nintendo Switch? In this guide we will be explaining why it isn’t possible to connect your AirPods to your Nintendo Switch directly and showing you a very easy way to work around the issue, via a Bluetooth transmitter.
In order to connect your AirPods to your Nintendo Switch you will need an Audio Bluetooth Transmitter. Our Favourite has been the Scosche FlyTunes Wireless Audio Bluetooth Transmitter which works seamlessly between both Handheld and Television modes.
- Plug the Bluetooth Adapter Dongle into your Nintendo Switch’s 3.5mm port on the top of your console
- Turn the transmitter on by holding the button for at least 3 seconds, or until you see flashing Blue and Red LEDs.
- Open your AirPod’s case
- Press and hold the pairing button at the back of the charging case
- Your AirPods will now pair with your Nintendo Switch, indicated by a solid blue light on the dongle & your Nintendo Switch will then display a message confirming this connection
- Your Airpods will now be fully connected allowing you to listen through your Apple AirPods while you game.
We hope you found this article helpful, If you have any issues or questions then please ask below, or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter where we will be happy to help!