The Nokia N73 Internet Edition Firmware 3.06188.8.131.52 update is now available. The Nokia N73 Internet Edition was only announced in Taiwan and Hong Kong, but anyone with the N73 can change their firmware to take advantage of the new firmware’s features by tricking Nokia Software Update. How is the Internet Edition different from the recently released Music Edition? Find out now as well as the instructions on how to update your Nokia N73 firmware.
The Nokia N73 Internet Edition contains all of the features of the Music Edition, but the multimedia key in the Music Edition goes straight to the music player. The Internet Edition retains the function of the original multimedia key where you can configure your own shortcuts to applications. They also included Windows Live Messenger and a few shortcuts to popular websites in the Internet folder. Otherwise, same as the Music Edition.
Updating to the Internet Edition is similar to the guide I wrote earlier on updating to Nokia N73 Music Edition.
- Connect your phone and wait for Windows to install the drivers.
- Open Nemesis Service Suite and click “Scan for new device” on the right-upper part of the window
- Click on the icon “Phone info”
- Click on “Scan”
- UPDATE Change the product code to
0539366 (Hong Kong’s language pack: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese)
0539364 (Taiwan’s language pack: English + Traditional Chinese)
0539295 (Arabic, French, English)(People say it is ME edition)
0539269 (Swedish, Norwegian, English)(People say it is ME edition)
- Mark the case “Enable”.
- Press “Write”, and your phone’s product code will be changed (you might think that nothing happened, because the phone is still in normal mode, and the changing of the product code only takes a couple of seconds, but don’t worry, the product code changed !).
- Close Nemesis Service Suite and run the Nokia Software Update.
- Make sure not to touch the cable or the phone while your phone is updating or else you will break it!
- That’s it! When you restart your phone, it should now be the Nokia N73 Internet Edition!
You may also want to change for black Nokia N73 faceplate housing to black to make it look more like the real Nokia N73 Internet or Music Edition. You can read more about how to change the Nokia N73 faceplate guide that I wrote previously.