Not to be outshined by the announcement of the Nokia Booklet 3G, Eldar Murtazin published an early preview of the Nokia N97 mini too. It’s practically the same flagship device, but a bit smaller, missing lens cover, altered keyboard layout, and 100 Euros cheaper.
You should read the whole Nokia N97 mini preview written by Eldar, but I have summarized it down to what I think are important.
- 3.2in touchscreen
- It sports a metal battery cover.
- The N97’s 32 Gb of built-in memory have been reduced to 8Gb.
- The phone’s software features kinetic scrolling (which will be introduced in the N97’s second firmware scheduled for mid September).
- It targets those who got put off by the original N97’s chunky casing.
- It could be offered with unlimited navigation license.
I could see why current Nokia N97 owners would get mad at this release after spending a lot of money on the original. On the other hand, this is good news for those who waited. The missing lens cover means no scratches caused by sliding mechanism, but they still need to be careful putting the phone in the same pocket as their house keys. The smaller storage capacity effectively lowering the price also makes it a little more affordable to consumers.
What’s on your mind?
Are you a current Nokia N97 owner? What do you feel about the mini version? How about those who skipped the N97… Does the Nokia N97 mini interests you?