Tom’s Guide from France claims to have received exclusive information on upcoming Nokia devices. They report that Nokia will have five total ranges including the C, X, E, N, and S series. Perhaps the biggest scoop is about Nokia’s supposedly next major release named the Nokia N8.
The site is in French, so I’m trying to quote from the translation.
According to the Tom’s Guide, here are the letters and numbers that identify the series.
- C: lower end voice-based.
- X: focus on entertainment, music for a young target
- E: dedicated to business, solutions for e-mails
- N: High-end
- S: very upscale and limited editions
They highlighted some devices as major models.
- Nokia C5-00 – Basic business device with GPS. Expected June.
- Nokia C3-00 – A low-cost multitasking Symbian S40 Qwerty device that run emails in the background.
- Nokia C5-01 – Qwerty device that’s a direct competitor to Blackberry.
And last but not least, the Nokia N8-00. It is scheduled for the summer with a capacitive multitouch 3.5in display and be the first to offer Symbian^3 OS. It carries a 12 megapixel camera and capture 720p at 30 frames per second. It will also feature an HDMI output. Another interesting mention is Video on Demand through the Ovi Store.
I don’t know how reliable this information is, but the web site looks legitimate. MWC is just a few days away. We’ll see if there’s any truth to these rumors.