We’ve been told by Nokia that the battery on the Nokia N8 isn’t removable by the user, but early photos show us that it isn’t that hard to do. Fortunately, a service manual from Nokia Care show us exactly how to do it step-by-step without messing things up.
This guide is provided just in case your Nokia N8′s battery dies and you want to replace it yourself without the hassle of visiting or shipping the device to a repair center. We hope you never have to do this, but we need to add that we are not responsible for broken devices as a result of following this guide.
1. Unscrew the Torx+ size 4 screw on each side of the Nokia N8 7 full turns. Do not remove the screw completely!
2. Pull out the bottom assembly.
3. Lift and pull out the battery lid.
4. Use the pull-out tape to remove the ORIGINAL battery.
5. Attach the pull-out adhesive to your NEW battery
6. Insert the NEW battery as shown.
7. Place the shown end of the battery lid and then lower down the other end. Note that the battery pull-out tape is left under the battery lid.
8. Press and hold both of the two shown screws in.
9. Place the bottom cover as shown and press it into its place. If the bottom cover does not go in properly, loosen up the side screws a bit.
10. Hold the bottom cover in its place and tighten the torx + size 4 screws on both sides. That’s it!
This guide was derived from the Nokia N8-00 RM-596 Service Manual which you can download and view in full right here.